Subsequent to the completion of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process and the identification of a Selected Alternative, the City of Burlington held four public informational meetings to update the public on the project and inform them of the required next steps. Each meeting was set with a specific topic for discussion. The purpose of the meetings was to provide an opportunity for the public to learn about elements of the project and ask questions prior to the City's commencement of the permitting process.
Links to the four presentations given at the meetings are below:
- Mobility - May 25th, 2010 (9.8MB)
- Neighborhood and Community Issues - May 26th, 2010 (8.2MB)
- Economic Development - June 9th, 2010 (1.1MB)
- Environment - June 10th, 2010 (3.8MB)
Subsequent to the May/June 2010 public meetings, the City evaluated the information collected from the public during the meetings. Several features were then incorporated into the project’s design, where feasible. These include a shared-use path along a portion of Pine Street and the addition of a left-turn lane for northbound traffic at the intersection of Pine Street with Maple Street.
The City then obtained several permits necessary for construction to begin, including:
- Waste Water System and Potable Water Supply Permit (issued by the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation)
- Conditional Use Determination #2010-125 (issued by the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation)
- Vermont General Permit #NAE-2010-1705 (issued by the Department of the Army)
- Public Water Supply - Permit to Construct (issued by the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation)
The City of Burlington filed a Land Use Permit Application at the Act 250 Regional District Office on April 15, 2011. The District Environmental Commission issued a Land Use Permit amendment to the City of Burlington and the Vermont Agency of Transportation on August 25, 2014.
The link below will provide detailed information about the project and the application from the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources Act 250 Database.